The Benefits of Outdoor Security and Safety Lighting
When people think of exterior lighting, they often assume the terms “safety lighting” and “security lighting” are interchangeable, but they have separate – though complementary – goals. The goal of safety lighting is to prevent injury by unseen hazards, while security lighting is meant to deter crime.
As exterior lighting experts, Farryn Electric assesses the individual needs of your home and combine safety and security features as needed.
Exterior lighting can add safety to your outdoor space in a variety of ways:
- Brighten walkways so people can navigate the area safely without worrying about stairs or tripping hazards.
- Zone lighting is useful for illuminating specific areas of your yard and landscape for safe nighttime use (such as a patio, deck, garden, pool area or outdoor seating area).
- You can also light driveways, garages and other entryways so your family and guests feel safe coming and going at night.
A well-lit home and yard gives a feeling of security and vigilance. It also shows your property is cared for and well maintained. This discourages trespassers and thieves, who prefer homes that can be approached under cover of darkness. Illuminating entrance points – such as door and windows – makes it difficult for a potential burglar to break in unnoticed.
If you don’t want your exterior to be constantly illuminated, you can opt for:
- Lights with motion detectors – A dark yard can be instantly filled with light when someone enters, both keeping family and friends safe and deterring criminals.
- Lighting systems that run on a timer – You’ll never have to worry about coming home to a dark house, or forgetting to turn the lights on or off before bed.
- Lights that can be turned on by remote – Even if you have your lights on a timer, your lighting system can be overridden by remote control. Keep the remote on your nightstand, and you can turn on the lights without leaving your bed, scaring off prowlers or animals.
Choose Farryn Electric for All Your Exterior Lighting Needs
When it comes to service and quality, Farryn Electric is #1. We offer competitive pricing and promise to treat your home as though it was our own. If you’re considering an exterior lighting project, you can call us for a free estimate.
Call us today at 484-316-0449 to experience the Farryn Electric difference on your next exterior lighting project.